Computer Forensics NZ Ltd – New Zealand’s longest serving leader in digital evidence recovery and analysis, providing paralegal services since 1999.
Computer Forensics NZ Ltd have been providing forensic data recovery and forensic computer investigation services since 1999.
We offer a wide range of forensic IT services, including forensic file recovery and computer evidence collection and preservation. Whether you need a seized computer evidence recovery specialist or someone to lead a computer forensics investigation, we’re here to help.
Computer forensics has become a vital business tool for a growing number of companies. Computer data forensics is used to get evidence of illegal and inappropriate use of company computers including data theft and is also used in many types of HR proceedings, including sexual harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination claims.
Evidence can be found in email systems, on network servers, and on employee’s computers. However, computer data can be easily manipulated and it is essential that the data search and analysis is performed by a trained and experienced computer forensics specialist to ensure the evidence stands up in court.
In addition, we recover data from commercial video and audio systems.
We have a proven track record in computer forensics throughout New Zealand since 1999. We have retrieved computer evidence from all forms of electronic storage media such as computer hard disk drives, CDs and DVDs, portable flash memory and RAID arrays.
We work with:
- Law firms
- Human resources
- Insurance companies
- Corporate security
to discover crucial evidence required for a swift and successful outcome.
Some of our Computer Forensic Services include:
- NZP procedures used to facilitate evidence handover
- Acquisition of evidence files to Court standard
- Forensically-sound and Court-accepted image copies of hard drives, optical media and removable media
- Recovery of deleted files, (Word, Excel, PDF, emails – virtually all file types)
- Analysis of network activity
- Discovery and analysis of system logs
- Registry analysis
- Analysis of email and Internet usage
- Password cracking
- Determination of event timelines, when possible (e.g. date of document deletion, e-mail, etc.)
- Covert installation of key loggers and subsequent analysis
We return documentation and data in a variety of formats (CD, DVD, external hard drive, FTP and hard copy) to suit your requirements.
Our computer forensic specialists are experienced expert witnesses and produce reports that are suitable for affidavit purposes, as required.
See our case studies for to find out how Computer Forensics helped with the following cases:
- Theft of intellectual property
- Contesting unjustified dismissal claim
- Hard drive maliciously reformatted
- Intellectual and financial fraud
- Confidential data theft
- Objectionable material
- Employee misuse of a computer
- Proof of innocence
- Matrimonial matter
- CCTV video recovery