Computer Forensics NZ Ltd – New Zealand’s longest serving leader in digital evidence recovery and analysis; providing paralegal services since 1999.
We offer a wide range of digital forensic IT services, including forensic file recovery and computer evidence collection and preservation. We are here to help with evidence recovery from email systems, network servers, commercial video and audio systems, on employee’s computers or mobile phones, in the Cloud; or if your need is a trusted authority to lead a computer forensics investigation, we’re here to help.
Computer forensics has become a vital business tool for a growing number of companies. Digital Forensic Incident Response (DFIR) is used to get evidence of illegal and inappropriate use of company computers including theft of company data (intellectual property) and is also used in many types of HR proceedings, including cyberbullying, sexual harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination claims.
Evidence can be found in email systems, on network servers, and on employee’s computers. However, computer data can be easily manipulated and it is essential that the data search and analysis is performed by a trained and experienced computer forensics specialist to ensure the evidence stands up in Court.
Computer Forensics NZ Ltd have a 20+ year proven track record in computer forensics throughout New Zealand and our digital forensic specialists are experienced expert witnesses, producing reports that are suitable for affidavit purposes.
We work with:
- Law firms
- Human resources
- Insurance companies
- Corporate security
to discover crucial evidence required for a swift and successful outcome.
Some of our Computer Forensic Services include:
- NZP procedures used to facilitate evidence handover
- Acquisition of evidence files to Court standard
- Forensically-sound and Court-accepted image copies of hard drives, optical media and removable media
- Recovery of deleted files, (Word, Excel, PDF, emails – virtually all file types)
- Analysis of network activity
- Discovery and analysis of system logs
- Registry analysis
- Analysis of email and Internet usage
- Password cracking
- Determination of event timelines, when possible (e.g. date of document deletion, e-mail, etc.)
- Covert installation of key loggers and subsequent analysis
We return documentation and data in a variety of formats (CD, DVD, external hard drive, FTP and hard copy) to suit your requirements.
See our case studies for to find out how Computer Forensics helped with the following cases:
- Theft of intellectual property
- Contesting unjustified dismissal claim
- Hard drive maliciously reformatted
- Intellectual and financial fraud
- Confidential data theft
- Objectionable material
- Employee misuse of a computer
- Proof of innocence
- Matrimonial matter
- CCTV video recovery